Saturday, November 19, 2005



Over the past month I have devoted myself to my college applications, so I apoligize for the absence. I still am planning to go to Thailand this Febuary or March with Cross-Cultural Solutions. If anyone out there has participated in their programs I would love to hear your experiences and opinions. I am, of course always looking for other options if this trip falls through. I am thinking of traveling around Europe for a few months, especially the UK. Currently, i am waiting for a reply on the application i sent in and i am actually wondering if they will let me enter Thailand with this bird flu going around. If anyone knows the status on that, it would be helpful to know!
I recently recieved a book called "Wheelchair Around the World." It is a wonderful book about this elderly couple, one in a wheelchair, who take off for a year around the world. They have wonderful information of the accessible hotels and car rentals, as well as helpful info on the terrain in the country. They went to some remarkable places such as Israel and Siberia. Unfortunently, they didn't go to Thailand so I am still a bit in the dark of what to expect. Still, it's a fabulous read!
Well,
I will report what comes out in the end: Thailand or Europe!!

2 Comments:

Blogger meg smith said...

Thanks Melissa for all your support!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Hi Meg,
I am disabled myself, SCI and share your penchant for travel. I live in florida and share my travel experiences on RollingpixI look forward tro reading about your travel.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home