Thursday, February 02, 2006

Of course because I am such organized person I have everything packed and set up. Yeah I'm kidding! I'm staring at a half packed bag remembering all the things i have to put into it. I never realized how heavy my battery charger is now that i have to carry it.
I get a minder as my grandmother would say, minder meaning someone to follow you around to make sure your ok for the first few days. His name is Adrian and he's going to make sure I can get everywhere realitivly easily. I heard he can't speak English too well, and my spanish is non-existant so we'll be a good pair! My sign language will come in handy.
Where i will be staying is a renovated old schoolhouse outside of Cartago, I will be sleeping in bunk beds, I was going to be put on top but they took pity on the poor guy that will have to get me up there. I'll have 6 roomates so lots of company!!!
Driving to SF tomorrow morning, and take a 9:50 flight out to New York ( yeah, i know!??) and then down to San Jose, Costa Rica.
You'll probably see me swearing the next time i blog because more likely than not the airlines have broken my wheelchair and have stranded me in the middle of the airport!
Fun times!

6 Comments:

Blogger Den&Cati said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Den&Cati said...

Hi Megan,
Sorry we missed your going away party. Thanks for sending us how to keep in touch. We will miss your smiley face at the meetings. Well God Bless and have a great time.
Den&Cati

9:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Megan,
good luck. Let me know if you need anything. I can't wait to read about your adventures.
Melissa

12:20 PM  
Blogger Emma Smith said...

Hey mein schwester,
Can't believe you would leave me to my own devices for three months, hopefully dear ol' mum will handle this like your going on vacation. (I also hope shes not reading this) Did you take all your CD's? I hope not b/c i have about half of them in my room. Oh, and i promise to give back anything i take once i have raided your room. Is this the right way to contact you? sure as hell i am not calling. I'll screw up your spanish or somehow you'll start speaking German :) By the way, the German student Lara, who is staying with us,(your replacement of course!)is a much better brand than you. SO there will be no need for you to return as i like the new one better. She may even teach me another language! Something you never managed to do, even though you speak about four. They would be French, English, Broken Spanish, very strange sign language, and Diplomatic-I-want something-and-you-will-give-it-to-me-now langauge. Never quite got that one.Anyways, I hope you have "fun" in costa Rica (though I don't know how you could have fum with out me) and you better get a tan before you go to Peru. I was talking to that Peruvian guy in my Math class and he said they don't like white people in Peru, so you'd better get that fixed! Ich liebe dich, mein schon schwester! Your dearsest, and most loving, and most beautiful, and most intelligent(who is also so much better than you), sister.
Emma

2:11 PM  
Blogger AMinch said...

Megan--
Thank you for sending me your blog link-- I've set it as my start page so I can keep up to date with your travels.
I enjoyed your party-- as did the guys, obviously. Hope your flight was fine-- and that both you and your chair arrived whole and ready for adventure.

Take care
-Alli

7:53 AM  
Blogger Whitney Taylor said...

Megan darling~
How are you and how was your adventure just getting to the beautiful country of Costa Rica? I am thinking about you as well as the rest of CCS and can't wait to hear how things have been so far! and if I know you at all, I thikn you are having the time of your life! Lots of love* Whitney

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home