Saturday, August 11, 2007

I got these quotes off of the Ouch! website, and thought i had to share them with all of you lovely people. I particularly enjoyed the one of the disabled playboy mate, i do think emma will particularly appreciate it.

Rebellion against your handicaps gets you nowhere. Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world - making the most of one's best.
Harry Emerson Fosdick

You know the hardest thing about having cerebral palsy and being a woman? It’s plucking your eyebrows. That’s how I originally got pierced ears.
Geri Jewel

Although there are many barriers facing people with disabilities today, the single greatest obstacle we face as a community is our own sense of inferiority, internalized oppression and shame.
Sarah Triano

Suicide prevention for you, but suicide enhancement for us. … Society wants the disabled community to have access to a dignified death when we want access to a dignified life.
Gregor Wolbring

… if I have a bad day, it's all over. It's always because of my disability. "Oh, that poor girl, she's upset because she has a disability" and I'll say, "No, I'm upset because my boyfriend left me." "Oh, because he couldn't deal with the disability?" "No, because I slept with his best friend".."Oh, you slept with his best friend because you were feeling bad because you have a disability.”
Ellen Stohl (first playboy playmate with a disability)

I like to shop at factory discount stores. Clothes marked irregular fit me fine.
Brett Leake

I dropped a hammer on my foot. I said, ouch, I bet that hurt.
J.D. England

I know it's not politically correct to call myself handicapped. I'm supposed to say physically challenged or developmentally disabled. But I don't have that kind of time.
Chris Fonseca

On my income tax 1040 it says ‘Check this box if you are blind.’ I wanted to put a check mark about three inches away.
Tom Lehrer

Anyway went to a Save Tibet protest in San francisco, stratigically on the day that the torch was to begin in San Francisco for the 2008 Bejing Olympics. It was quite lovely and there was around 300 people there, mostly tibetan refugees and citizens. We marched from the Civic Center to the Chinese Embassy. Though i have to say after my experiences abroad and some research i've done its so difficult to to conjure up hope that Tibet will have a peaceful and independent future. I specifically say 'save tibet' instead of 'free tibet' because their is no longer an option of freeing tibet, at least in my opinion. For all those who believe this is a spiritual domination are far off base, it is purely economic. Tibet no longer belongs to tibetans, the last number i heard was that tibet was 79% Han chinese. In all logical conclusion, if Tibet was miraculously granted sovreignty, they have no means of rebuilding this counrty. The chinese have overtaken all resources and economic developments and when your in bed with the Chinese your strayjacketed there for life.
So i must say, we almost have to take the Dalai Lama's words to heart and stop resisting. So strange to say that though. After seeing all the horrific things the Chinese have done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emma Smith said...

I don't have any comments on my blog either, its quite sad. You were definitely right about me liking the comment by the playboy bunny, but I also really enjoyed the quote by the blind man about checking the box. Sorry this isn't more entertaining, I was just stuffed full of lovely German food and consequently my brain isn't functioning properly. But I thought you should have something in response since everyone else seems to be.... well whatever. Christ, my brain has turned to mush. Instead of "this is your brain on drugs" I've got "this is your brain on German food, it isn't pretty is it?" Lots o love deary, Emma

11:17 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Hi,

My name is Rebeca and I work for Accessible Portugal Online Magazine.
The reason why I'm sending you an e-mail dues to the fact that we are going to open a section about the disabled community on the Internet and we're interested in writing about your blog.
Would you like to answer to some of our questions?
Thank you so much. I look forward to your answer.

Rebeca Venâncio
Accessible Portugal Online Magazine

4:17 AM  
Blogger B. said...

If you're interested please answer to

rebecavenancio@gmail.com

W'd be very happy if we could write about you.

4:21 AM  
Blogger chintan said...

i am also suffring from same case its to diffculte maintain the life
In Nepal it is too diffcult to live
but i want study abroad i want to know more about world I am seaching the colleges that help can you help me

6:35 AM  
Blogger chintan said...

if you like to answer my question than mail me
chintanpaudel@gmail.com

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home